When it comes to weight loss, it’s not enough to just say “I’m going to eat clean.” Do we even know what clean eating means? If you don’t have a plan for what to eat, weight loss is not a goal that is achievable. Here we will discuss the best foods for weight loss, which are foods that rev up your metabolism, keep you full longer and give you lots of energy.
When trying to lose weight and get healthy, there are certain foods that just pack a strong punch. Nutritional powerhouses known as superfoods fight chronic diseases, boost the brain, improve skin, hair and nails; build strong bones and even help you lose weight!
Beans and Legumes Are Some of the Best Foods for Weight Loss
Packed full of fiber and protein, but without the saturated fat content, many types of beans and legumes are excellent foods to help in your weight loss journey. Just be careful with the sodium content when they are prepared. Some of the best include:
- Black beans: You can find 15 grams of protein per serving of black beans.
- Kidney beans: These have more than 5 grams of protein and fiber per serving and they also have 2 grams of resistant starch, a carb that helps boost metabolism, per serving.
- White beans: A half cup serving has almost 4 grams of resistant starch.
- Garbanzo beans: A great source of fiber, protein, healthy fats and resistant starch.
- Lentils: Another great source of fiber, protein, healthy fats and resistant starch.
Add Nuts to Your Diet
Nuts are superfoods that have healthy fats and some nuts can help you lose weight.
- Almonds: They are some of the best foods for losing weight, because almonds contain fiber, protein and healthy fat, they are great for healthy weight loss. You can use almonds alone, for baking, in smoothies, or even plain almond milk.
- Pine nuts: Just like almonds, they have heart-healthy fatty acids that help subdue hunger and burn belly fat. They can even help you lose weight without reducing calorie intake or increasing the amount you work out.
The Best Foods for Weight Loss are Great Protein Sources
Protein is extremely important for any healthy diet. It’s a crucial component for every cell in the body, after all. As a building block for your body, it’s crucial to get lean sources of protein that will help you build muscle and lose weight. The best sources of protein for weight loss include:
- Salmon: A more lean choice than red meat, it also has Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which are a healthy type of fat. Studies have shown that this type of fat helps people lose more weight than people on a low-fat diet.
- Eggs: Since they’re loaded with protein, they will curb you appetite and they do not have a negative impact on your cholesterol, as many people assume. Additionally, studies have shown that people who eat eggs have lost twice as much weight as people who are bread instead.
Superfruits Can Help You Lose Weight
They get a bad rap for having too much sugar and carbs, but these superfruits will help you lose weight! They are some of the foods that you must take when losing weight.
- Bananas: With 12.5 grams of resistant starch, a medium sized green banana will keep you full and boost your metabolism.
- Pears: With 15% of your daily fiber, these fruits are some of the best foods for weight loss.
- Avocadoes: Again, MUFA’s to the rescue! The healthy fats in avocadoes can help quench your hunger!
- Grapefruit: Eating half of one of these before each meal can help you lose weight!
- Oranges: Because of their high fiber content, eating oranges can help you feel full faster.
- Blueberries: With 4 grams of fiber and only 80 calories, these tiny fruits will help you fill up.
Add these best foods for weight loss to your diet, but don’t forget to say goodbye to processed sugars, empty carbs, and unhealthy fats. You will be well on your way to a better you!